Please note that this letter, sent home with students this week, contained an error. The correct date for the Career Inspiration Day is Tuesday 12 February 2019. To view the letter, please click here.
We currently have vacancies on our Governing Body for Parent Governors. Please click here for further information.
This evening is designed to provide you with:
- An opportunity to find out all you need to know about the subjects available Post-16 at Belper School Sixth Form. Subject leaders will be available to discuss the course content, methods of assessment and outline the necessary skills and qualities that will be developed throughout their course.
- The evening will begin with a presentation in the Main School Hall offering a brief overview of the options open to students at Belper School next year.
In order to make the evening more personal and manageable we have arranged two separate presentation sessions:
Session 1 at 5.30pm: for Tutor Groups 11ADW, 11SJH, 11PSM, 11LMW
Session 2 at 6.10pm: for Tutor Groups 11JJJ, 11HJB, 11AJM, 11CAM
Students from other schools can join in either session.
Eleanor Snape the School Careers Co-ordinator will also be at the event. Eleanor can provide guidance on all options open to students after year 11 including alternative full-time education routes and apprenticeships.
Talk Fostering at Belper School and Sixth Form Centre
There is a real need for new foster carers in Derbyshire and we’re very pleased to be able to help by hosting one of a series of Derbyshire County Council’s Talk Fostering recruitment events . Current foster carers and the council’s fostering recruitment team will be on hand between 5-7pm on Monday 17 September 2018 to talk about the benefits of fostering, as well as the process of becoming an approved foster carer and the support carers and children are entitled to.
Anyone aged over 21 can foster. You can be a home owner or live in rented accommodation, working or not. You can be married, living with a partner, in a same-sex relationship or single, already have children or not.
If you’d like to know more about fostering ahead of the event, please go online at www.derbyshire.gov.uk/fostering
If you aren’t able to attend the event in school but are interested in fostering, the website also has details of other upcoming Talk Fostering events in county.
Parents and students, current and future, and the local community
are invited to attend our annual Open Evening
at 5.45pm and 6.45pm in the School Hall
- See the wide range of work, extra-curricular and enrichments activities students experience at Belper School
- Get involved with hands-on activities to interest and entertain adults and children alike
- Take the opportunity to chat to teachers informally about the work in their departments
- A free crèche provided by staff and students on our Year 13 Health and Social Care course will keep our youngest guests aged 2 to 5 entertained with a range of activities and healthy food
For children transferring to secondary school in September 2019 you can apply online now through the Derbyshire County Council website. The deadline for applications is midnight on 31 October 2018. You can return to your application and make changes at any time up until the deadline.
Please click here to go to the Derbyshire County Council Secondary School Admissions page for further information.
Parental reports for students are now published on-line on Parent Portal. Report publication dates for 2018-2019 are as follows:
- Wednesday 19 December 2018
- Wednesday 10 April 2018
- Monday 22 July 2019 (including tutor report)
If you do not have Parent Portal access and wish to apply, you can download the application form by clicking here.
If you have Parent Portal access and have forgotten your username/password, please email email@example.com.
Please be aware that we are currently working through Parent Portal applications for our new students. Usernames and passwords for these applicants will be posted out towards the end of the month.
Arrangements for Years 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 students
School will re-open to students in these years on Wednesday 5 September 2018 when a staggered start will be in operation as follows:
- Year 7 need to arrive by 8.40am and report to the area outside PE as they did on the induction day – staff will be around to direct students.
- Year 8 students need to arrive by 8.40am and report to their tutor base
- Year 9 students need to arrive by 9.20am and report to the area outside PE
- Year 10 students need to arrive by 9.20am and report to their tutor base
- Year 11 students need to arrive by 9.45am and report to their tutor base
Important: Any students arriving in school earlier due to transport reasons should report to SR1 where they will be supervised until the above times.
Arrangements for Year 12 students
Wednesday 5 September 2018: Students arrive in the Sixth Form area at 9.00am on to register for courses if they have not done so in advance. For students new to Belper School members of the Sixth Form Team will be available to give a tour of the school and discuss Sixth Form life. All students can then return home for the rest of the day.
Thursday 6 September: Students need to report to their tutor base at 8.40am to meet their tutor and tutor group and collect their timetables. At 9.00am they will meet in the Hall for an assembly with their timetable commencing from Period 2 on that day.
Arrangements for Year 13 students
Tuesday 4 September 2018: Students should arrive in the Sixth Form area at 1.00pm to re-register with courses if they have not done so in advance and organise any course logistics required with teachers, before going home.
Thursday 6 September 2018: Students need to go to their tutor base at 8.40am to meet their tutor and tutor group and collect their timetables. At 9.30am they will meet in the Hall for an assembly with their timetable commencing from Period 2 on that day