Please note that this letter, sent home with students this week, contained an error. The correct date for the Career Inspiration Day is Tuesday 12 February 2019. To view the letter, please click here.
We currently have vacancies on our Governing Body for Parent Governors. Please click here for further information.
This evening is designed to provide you with:
- An opportunity to find out all you need to know about the subjects available Post-16 at Belper School Sixth Form. Subject leaders will be available to discuss the course content, methods of assessment and outline the necessary skills and qualities that will be developed throughout their course.
- The evening will begin with a presentation in the Main School Hall offering a brief overview of the options open to students at Belper School next year.
In order to make the evening more personal and manageable we have arranged two separate presentation sessions:
Session 1 at 5.30pm: for Tutor Groups 11ADW, 11SJH, 11PSM, 11LMW
Session 2 at 6.10pm: for Tutor Groups 11JJJ, 11HJB, 11AJM, 11CAM
Students from other schools can join in either session.
Eleanor Snape the School Careers Co-ordinator will also be at the event. Eleanor can provide guidance on all options open to students after year 11 including alternative full-time education routes and apprenticeships.
For children transferring to secondary school in September 2019 you can apply online now through the Derbyshire County Council website. The deadline for applications is midnight on 31 October 2018. You can return to your application and make changes at any time up until the deadline.
Please click here to go to the Derbyshire County Council Secondary School Admissions page for further information.
Parental reports for students are now published on-line on Parent Portal. Report publication dates for 2018-2019 are as follows:
- Wednesday 19 December 2018
- Wednesday 10 April 2018
- Monday 22 July 2019 (including tutor report)
If you do not have Parent Portal access and wish to apply, you can download the application form by clicking here.
If you have Parent Portal access and have forgotten your username/password, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware that we are currently working through Parent Portal applications for our new students. Usernames and passwords for these applicants will be posted out towards the end of the month.
Please note that at least 24 hours’ notice must be given to school if your child has had an injury/operation and is planning to return to school on crutches, with a sling/cast or in a wheelchair.
We will then contact you to arrange a meeting between yourselves, your child and school to ensure that we have the opportunity to …
- assess your child’s requirements and make arrangements for them to safely access the necessary areas in school during lesson and social time
- discuss with you any aspects of the curriculum they are unable to participate in for the period of their recovery (such as PE or Drama) and make alternative arrangements for them to study/be supervised as appropriate
- ascertain whether your child requires any medication/pain relief whilst at school and complete the appropriate documentation
- ensure your child is aware of what action they need to take in the event of an emergency
As students will not be able to return to school until this meeting has taken place, we would appreciate parents/carers’ assistance by giving us as much notice as possible.