Belper School and Sixth Form Centre is a Foundation School. Foundation Schools are devolved from the Local Authority and the governors of the school have increased roles and responsibilities.
Governing bodies have a strong focus on three core strategic functions of the school
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its students, and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent
Our full Governing Body normally meet twice each term. Responsibilities are delegated to sub-committees for key areas. These sub-committees are …
- Curriculum and Performance
- Joint Consultative Committee
- Personnel and Finance
- Student Matters, Equality and Community
At meetings, our Governors receive information, discuss key issues and are involved in the decision-making process on matters affecting the operational and strategic direction of the school.
Further information on the membership of our Governing Body and its Committee structure can be viewed/downloaded by clicking on the links below …