In Key Stage 5 we offer a wide range of traditional A-Level and BTEC courses to suit the needs of the individual. Belper School has re-assessed its entry requirements to Level 3 courses offered by our Sixth Form Centre in light of the publication of new and more challenging Level 3 courses. The entry requirements for the 2017-2019 are a minimum of 5 A*-C’s or grades 9-5 if applicable and subject specific conditions are set in addition to this.
In addition, when considering an application we shall look carefully at all of the following factors:
- the recommendation a student has from the school / their previous school / college and subject teachers.
- a student’s general school / college report or Record of Achievement.
- a student’s estimated (or actual) examination grades.
- the contribution a student is likely to make to the life of the Sixth Form and their embodiment of the school ethos.
- the appropriateness of the chosen course to a student’s future aspirations.
The curriculum is reviewed in the autumn term of each year to allow the school to respond to national changes and/or improve the offer we make to our students.