Vision & Values
Vision & Values – Create Your Future
Belper School is committed to providing a high quality educational experience which develops in students the aspiration, knowledge, skills and understanding they require to create happy and successful futures for themselves. . We summarise this vision in the phrase “Create your future. Be who you are and become who you aspire to be.”
At its core our ethos is built on respect, inclusivity and responsibility, nurturing students to be individuals within a family approach. Central to this ethos is a focus on relationships which demonstrate mutual respect and equality. The school places value on treating each other, and our environment, with care, dignity and compassion, so that as members of the school and wider community we can make a difference. The ethos is student-centred, empowering people to have confidence to participate and engage.
Belper School has a determination for all students to fulfil their potential and experience success. There is a commitment to high quality teaching and learning that challenges and inspires all, ensuring that individual needs are met and that students can make progress, develop and grow to make a valued and positive contribution to society.
Emphasis is placed on a broad and balanced curriculum that enables horizons to be broadened and promotes independence, creativity and enjoyment. At the school there is a passionate belief in providing diverse and rich opportunities and encouraging students to step up and participate in what is on offer. There is a drive to celebrate success and take pride in, and reward, effort and achievement.
Our curriculum aims to:
- Inspire our students to have a boundless curiosity and a love of learning with our broad choice of subjects and rich content.
- Instil a sense of belonging and community responsibility in a happy, safe and caring environment that celebrates diversity, underpinned by our ‘Respect for All, By All’ ethos.
- Develop resilience, enabling students to overcome both academic and personal barriers.
- Build independence and students’ belief in themselves, giving them the confidence to be who they are.
- Ensure students have the opportunity to become ‘who they aspire to be’ and the best version of themselves by continually guiding them in how to improve towards their academic and personal goals and fulfil their potential
Our educational mission is to provide excellence, inspiration, drive and a sense of community.
Excellence – We strive to provide a high quality learning environment which enables all students to achieve excellence
Inspiration – We aim to deliver an inspirational curriculum which allows all students to be who they are and become who they aspire to be
Drive – Our staff drive themselves to provide the best possible education for our amazing students
Community – We believe in creating a positive learning community that is supportive and caring, enabling all students to participate, achieve and flourish.