Be who you are, become who you aspire to be.
We have a very unique feel at Belper School and Sixth Form Centre.
Our ethos recognises that self-discovery underpins every teenager’s formative years. It is unusual for a school not to have a school uniform, for staff to be referred to by their first names and for students to be taught in mixed attainment classes. However, for us, these are all key elements in providing a safe, supportive and inclusive environment for students to be themselves as they find their place in the world.
We are proud to provide students with a wide range of subjects and opportunities.
We are committed to providing high quality teaching that challenges and inspires all students regardless of their background or prior ability.
We ensure that individual needs are met with appropriate levels of support and challenge so that our students can progress and develop into well rounded citizens who make a positive contribution to a diverse 21st Century society.
Our curriculum aims to:
- Inspire our students to have a boundless curiosity and a love of learning with our broad choice of subjects and rich content.
- Instil a sense of belonging and community responsibility in a happy, safe and caring environment that celebrates diversity, underpinned by our ‘Respect for All, By All’ ethos.
- Develop resilience, enabling students to overcome both academic and personal barriers.
- Build independence and students’ belief in themselves, giving them the confidence to be who they are.
- Ensure students have the opportunity to become ‘who they aspire to be’ and the best version of themselves by continually guiding them in how to improve towards their academic and personal goals and fulfil their potential