As detailed in our latest newsletter, a Summer Extravaganza will take place on Tuesday 26 July 2016 which will include a celebratory assembly for each group, where excellent student attendance, individual achievements and contributions to school life will be recognised with the award of certificates and prizes. Students will also participate in fun competitive activities both with their tutor group and students in their year.
The opportunity will be available for students to leave after lunch at 1.10pm. All buses will leave at their scheduled times from the school bus bay with the exception of the 360 Harpur’s Service to Parks Estate and Milford which will leave at 1.15pm from the bus stop opposite the Leisure Centre. If you would prefer your son/daughter to remain in school, they will need to report to A6 at 1.10pm. For these students there will be supervised showing of films until the normal end of the school day at 3.00pm.
School will be closed to students throughout the holiday and will re-open to students on Wednesday 7 September 2016 when a staggered start will be in operation as follows:
- Year 7 and 8 students need to arrive by 8.40am – report to tutor base
- Year 9 and 10 students need to arrive by 9.50am – report to tutor base
- Year 11 students need to arrive by 10.30am – report to tutor base
- Year 12 students need to arrive by 10.00am and should report to the sixth form area
- Year 13 students need to arrive by 1.00pm and should report to the sixth form area
Important: Any students arriving in school earlier due to transport reasons should report to SR1 where they will be supervised until it is time to go to tutor bases.